Community Engagement and Capacity Building
Communio’s approach to all our work is based on a belief that individuals, organisations and communities have existing strengths and assets that provide a sound basis for positive change. We work collaboratively to build on these assets — both to meet the immediate needs of current projects, and to strengthen the capacity of our clients to operate more effectively in the future.
We base our work in the community and not-for-profit sector on the following principles:
* We work collaboratively with our clients to ensure that their specific needs and requirements are being met.
* We work toward sustainable outcomes, in terms of the knowledge, skills, resources and relationships that a project ‘leaves behind’ for the organisation or community to build on in the future
* We aim to help strengthen and expand existing networks and relationships across organisations and communities through our projects.
* We aim to be as inclusive as possible, to enable diverse voices to provide their input and expertise.
Some of the areas in which we work include:
* Grant Submissions
* Consultations that informs actions and outcomes
* Analysing rich data
* Policy development